Sunday, October 28, 2012

Anico and piano, Kinshasa--May 2008


8th of May 2008

I think our maid/cook thinks I’m a little funny….well I might have just told him that I think he’s a good meal (Tu as bon cuisine instead of Tu as bon cuisiner) when trying to complement him on his work.….but we live and learn I suppose….at least I tried. I just hope he doesn’t think I’m a cannibal now and prepare some extra special dish of somebody else in an effort to distract me from trying to eat him.
….ok…..woah a little off the deep end there, just a little too much for me.
Alrighty…well I didn’t write anything yesterday because I was in a very sour mood, and this is supposed to be a cheerful account of experiences, not a tantrum outlet so I refrained….not everything is easy.
Well yesterday I came down with a rather pounding headache so I just lay down and watched movies all afternoon….well just one actually (I’m trying to ration them so I’ll have things to watch for awhile, for whenever I get really in the urge to switch my mind off…and I don’t have that many), and then read the whole part I of ‘the Idiot’. Anyways, I just have to say that kiera knightly is so annoying, she can’t act in the slightest, and she makes you cringe the entire movie long…I think she can successfully ruin any character….I don’t know why they keep her around, she’s just ridiculous really. Orlando Bloom is pretty annoying too….but he doesn’t say as much so it keeps it under control….I think I really only watch those movies for Johnny Depp (but of course)…and the old captain. And the monkey… and the black girl…and maybe the boat?
Ok….anyways, so of course I was a lazy butt at the first chance I got…..it really makes you lazy here all this heat. But one thing I’m happy about is if I keep up like this I will be done my school year by the end of June (excepting the math book I don’t have yet and possibly some history). But ya….then it means I’m free for two months to do I don’t know what yet…..anyways I need to stop thinking about the future.(I think I’ve already said something about this…shows I need to stop thinking about it so much)
So many funny old memories playing music again, it’s great fun really, and I might get really good at it with all this time left on my hands to practice. I found the Lord of the Rings piece, and ‘Sleepy Shores’ and it gives me so many happy memories to play them…I almost feel like I’m better than I was, at least I can pick up things a lot faster than before, even though it’s been so long since I’ve been playing….I said I’d given up piano two years ago.
So much for my six pack….well I’m working on it….but the problem is I still eat so much. And of course I’ll be little twigs everywhere else, but my stomach will keep all that food right in there….anyways, I can’t complain....I’m quite lucky when it comes to my bod as far as exercise is concerned.
I think I might shave my head off here….well not as drastic as that, never really had the urge to remove all the hair from my head, but at least do something weird (and short). It’s just so hot here, and I’m not going out at all as yet, so I think I can get away with it.

Well to close this off….(I wrote in here this morning and it’s beddy bye time now)….ya.
Oh yes we got internet! Ta dad a da de dum da….and yes even though it doesn’t work so well, at least on my computer (this sweet sweet little computer by the way please don’t be angry with me) of course, it’s still there….and hopefully we should be able to sort something out soon. Anyways…yet another joy of life returned….contact with the world outside….more time wasters for those long evening hours….and I really need to go to sleep. This heat just drains you….completely….
Oh ya, and mike is coming soon (apparently) which means I’ll soon have my easel and paints. Ok that sounds nerdish and heartless….but…I don’t know I guess we’ll see what happens. No I really will be happy to have someone else here too….like I said I guess we’ll just have to see…
Good night to self. Goodnight to dear sweet computer that is going to be working wonderfully with our internet cable tomorrow my sweet loving useful item of equipment…
Man climbing our coconut tree to fetch the coconuts
.and ya…(I never used to love computers this much…I always actually quite loathed them…especially that you just can’t do without them). Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment