Monday, October 29, 2012

My own philosophy, Kinshasa 2008


05-June 2008
 Well it’s been a whole month here now. The Lord is good, we found out (I never said it here) that the school here is free, as I’m a French citizen it’s paid for by the government across the board...so that gives me three months now till I start. It’s going to be difficult, it’s going to be a challenge….but if I really want to be able to live here for now, and learn fluent French it seems that this is going to be my best option. I don’t want to be scared away just because it’s going to be really hard….I want to see it as a challenge and I want to learn, in every way, to fit in with the French system, to speak and to learn French obviously, and to get a foretaste of what study life is like.
Mike is coming too…we just heard this morning.....next week on the 15th. I don’t want to say finally…heh but we did think he was coming awhile ago. And then the rest of this home’s members are going to be coming back too… I’ve become too much of a hermit…once you get used to your time being fully your own, you get rather attached to it….and all the things you can fill it up with. I’m weird, I know, but I think change is good for me again…I need a fresh new start from time to time, even if just in little ways, if not a major change of sensory to keep me moving and thinking and trying new things….and not thinking life is completely blah, no matter how perfectly I manage to plan it and then enact it out.
I read something very interesting, I want to copy it out here, or in my little literary quotes collection (that is growing, I’m always finding new things to copy down…profound thoughts are endless)
The only thing that you have to be afraid of is that the sky will fall on our heads tomorrow…but as they say tomorrow never comes…so we really have nothing to fear at all.
That is the best one of all (among many), why worry, it doesn’t help, what are you worrying about anyway, if the sky were to fall you’d be just as powerless to prevent it if you had worried all about it or if you had been blindly oblivious that it might ever fall, indeed, it would fall whether or not you thought it could ever fall or not if it meant to fall, and if it is to continue without falling, it will do so without or with your worrying that it might fall anyway.
The point is don’t worry. I need to stop philosophizing. I thought I’d never say that.
Or I need to write a book, a great big book of all of Natalie Anne’s philosophies…that will be a best seller and renown among the world’s finest literary minds forever and will immortalize me in their hall of fame forever and in the meantime make me rich and famous. Or scrap the best seller part, I’ve always been too off- beat and original to ever really have lots of people reading me, I just can be distinguished, by those who actually can get through my book and reach that same level of understanding. Keep the good money I’ll get for it though, and all the renown and eventually immortalization.
I'll end here with the two favorite paintings I did here, one of two of our orphaned kids ("les deux soeurs"), and one of the little Kikimi market we pass by every time we go visit the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment