Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thots on Congo, Anissa and my 17th birthday

I love this place now, and I wouldn’t trade my experiences here for the world.
Our garden

How can I complain of my life! I’ve had experiences that nobody else in the world has had. I’ve lived as nobody else has lived. There’s a rush to living here that cannot be found anywhere else.
People respect you for being who you are, a missionary. There is a special feeling of fulfillment at the end of the day that I have not found anywhere else.
The lack of fellowship here has helped me to broaden my perspectives and have more of an understanding for those people living ordinary lives.
I was prone to dislike witnessing activities. But ever since I came here, I couldn’t help but getting involved. It’s so much harder to rebel against feeding starving orphan children isn’t it! The other stuff comes, the love for witnessing, but first it is realizing that I am helping other people, that I am making a difference in somebody’s life that has made me to want to do what we do!

Lenka, Malu, me, Mylene and Bohney at Bible student graduation

Bible study with Bibiche

When you see people who are obviously in fear of their ancestors, who talk about demon possession as if it was common place, it makes you see why we have to go and tell them about Jesus, and make them see that Jesus is the only thing that they need, and they don’t have to stay with their old beliefs and superstitions any more! Most everyone here says that they are Christian, they respect you for giving out God’s word. But you still find those who also practice other things, and when you see that our witnessing and teaching is what is making a difference in these people’s lives, and it is what is freeing them from fear, that is what makes me want to keep on doing this!

Holding Anissa, adopted baby of John and Lenka

Birthday dinner


Watercolor card Jonathan painted for me (he's in Heaven now) while he was visiting us in Congo at the time of my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment