Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Art Exhibit, Halle de la Gombe--November 2009

Actually, before my birthday, I got to do my very first Art Exhibit at the Halle de la Gombe. The French ambassador, Pierre Jacquemot, totally renovated the Halle, and being an artist himself, he encouraged young artists to exhibit their "oeuvres". Mom helped me to make all the frames, my grand-parents spent a fortune sending by DHL the "pinces à clef" we couldn't find anywhere else. It was a lot of work, but I was so happy! I almost didn't make it, as I was still super weak (and pale) from being sick, but in the end I was fine.








That's me of course next to the other artist who was exhibiting

My favorite painting, which I didn't want to sell, so I put a ridiculous price on it!




The first painting I sold was to a Chinese woman. Then Zaid bought 3! And Jean-Louis bought Anissa's portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment