Tuesday, January 1, 2013

November 2010--Paris

1/11/10-- How to Lose Weight Without Even Trying!
Step 1: Move in with a skinny person and only eat what they eat. (oops, no that was not a typo...)

Step 2: Move to Paris (or other metro/tube/subway empowered city). Then walk everywhere you can, only using the easily accessible public transport when absolutely necessary.

Step 3: Move into the top floor of a 12 story complex that doesn't have an elevator.

Step 4: Don't allow yourself to buy new clothes until you lose weight. (Works especially well in Paris with 5 Euro summer sales.)

Extra pointer: Carry all the food you will consume for the next month up the 12 flights of stairs first. Not so hungry now are we...

And voilà!

Coming next:  "How to Gain Weight Without Even Trying!" (sneak peak: Step 1: Visit Grandparents)


 Procrastinator
I am a huge fat procrastinator! In fact I am procrastinating this very minute. That's why I spent the better part of the last two days absorbed in my Christmas cake....as a way of procrastinating from a) cleaning my room, b) doing homework, and c) anything else I am supposed to be doing. In fact I am beginning to seriously doubt that this blog was intended to inspire my creativity. I think it was a big subconscious ploy to have yet another activity to occupy myself with for when I am in the depths of procrastination.
Sigh. Plus points: I now have 50% of my Christmas gift making accomplished!
It's sad I'm thinking about Christmas already at Halloween. But Christmas trumps Halloween, at least in my books.
So it's off to the grind of organizing my things...and beginning the very enjoyable activity of copying a Monet painting and other thought provoking assignments.
Fear not...I will be posting pictures of all of my latest, and not so latest creations that I have been ranting about...once I beat procrastination and finish one!





3/11/10-- Apple tart
Result of holidays: enough time to attempt baking. I decided to try an apple tart, the first time I'm baking since moving to France.




I also began my Christmas cakes...wanted to start early while I had time in the holidays. I was missing the English Christmas cake we would have every year in South Africa. This is my first time actually making one though. I spent a Saturday shopping for ingredients (how hard is it to find nutmeg???), and that evening and Sunday morning listening to Christmas music, and baking the cakes. I'm thinking my Christmas presents for relatives and teachers..if the cakes turn out.

2/11/10 Shoe Project: Did a whole study on the history of shoes, made these clay maquettes, and then had to take pictures of them in an actual shoe shop. Here's the result:











4/11/10--auto-portraits psychologiques: http://myownamazinglittlerainbow.blogspot.com/2010/11/autoportraits-psycologiques.html


nov 26--It snowed today!!! Pretty white flakes somehow makes all the cold weather worth it!

nov 30th--Is feeling pretty happy with life! Success trumps cold weather, wet shoes, bratty children, a tough language, lack of sleep, yucky neighbors... and the prospect of things getting better makes me want to keep putting up with it all.

A happy feeling is trumping all the things that are bad!
This is probably due to some recent good news, and not the freezing temperatures and recently wet shoes, but I thought I'd share it while it lasts!

Can't even be bothered about the freezing weather and yucky neighbors, life is just that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment