Sunday, August 5, 2012

India--1997 - 2000

Article I wrote about our camp in Bangalore

My Bangalore friends: Sonia on the left, and Anna Maria, Rosie and Paul on the right (and ya, I'm the second one on the left). That was after a performance at a 5 star  hotel

Bike ride around the lake in Kodai Kanal

Bangalore Camp (I'm on the left)

Same Camp in Bangalore

I think that was Christmas 1999 in Bangalore

That must have been Christmas 1998 in Chennai
Our family in Kodai Kanal
I just started taking piano lessons
Vacation in Goa (I'm in the middle)
Witnessing on Goa beach
Goa
With Stephy and Mom, Gulf of Bengal
My 7th birthday
My 8th birthday--Little Creature party, with butterfly cake Mommy made

Probably Christmas 1999 in Chennai

Kids Camp in Madras in 2000, which my mom organised with my brother and sister, James and Jennai, and Becky on the far left

Witnessing skit in '98 (I'm the daisy!)

Learning Koram during Deaf Week in Chennai in '99

That's in Coimbatore, on the bike my grandparents bought me.

This sweet bunny was a birthday present. He disappeared tragically, but was waiting for me in Heaven.

My grandparents sent me this kit to make santons out of plaster which I painted and varnished. You already saw the picture of the final manger scene.

Singing/witnessing at Christmas with my friend Becky and Martin in Chennai
Showing love to this old Hindu lady after a Christmas show we did in Chennai in '99
Quoting Edgar Guest's poem "It couldn't be done"
Visiting the Fort Museum in Chennai 
Merry go round
Monkey bars
Show at orphanage in Chennai
I prayed with these school girls to receive Jesus
Enjoying Science Park with Stephy in Chennai

Christmas Day, opening presents with Becky

I'm taking the plaster santon figures out of their mold.

That's my birthday present, a bird cage (with birds of course!)

Gulf of Bengal with Stephy and Peter


Christmas '99

Skit with Andre

Christmas pageant '99


Painting the santons figures

My little gold fish

With Stephy on the beach in Chennai

With Mommy

Singing in a children's hospital in Chennai

Attending a Hindu wedding

With Peter

Christmas Day with Rosie and Sonia in Bangalore

That's baby Aimee, Becky's little sister born in Chennai

Me and my birds

Christmas Pageant

My friends and I performed an abbreviated version of Dickens' "Christmas Carol". I designed all the costumes and acted as Jacob Marley and Bob Cratchet (see the ghost of Chrismas past behind me?)

Fun in Kodai Kanal with Rosie and Sonia

At the zoo with Martin and Becky


Performing at orphanage with Martin and Becky

During Summer Camp for orphans in Chennai

Practicing my piano with utmost concentration...

Cooling off in Coimbatore with Eric and Karishma

My pottery projects

With Stephy and Peter

Learning cursive

Senior citizen home in Chennai, Christmas 1999

Performing with Martin and
Becky Christmas 1999

Performing with my friends for Christmas in a 5 star hotel in Chennai

I loved the beautiful manger scene displayed in the 5 start  hotel where we performed

Performing "Jesus our Savior kind and good"--I'm the sheep with the curly horns

Our family in India

My 8th birthday with my friend Natali Emerald, now a professional ballerina

At an orphanage in Chennai

Performing for Christmas with my friends in Bangalore: Anna Maria, Paul, Rosie and Sonia

Art project at school

My brother Peter teaching me how to bowl

Christmas morning!!!

Learning to do a koram in Chennai during Deaf Week

No comments:

Post a Comment